Wednesday 30 July 2014

Alixandra "Ali" Greenwood [Resurgence LARP] : "Dear Nat..." #1

[Josée's Note: This is the first of a series of notes written to Nat, who, if you've read the previous pieces about Ali, you will know accompanied her for a single mission and then sold a year of his life to the imps.]

Letter date: 20/07/2014

Hi Nat,

I hope this message reaches you safely. I have paid the imps for delivery and (only if you wanted to, of course) the safe return of any replies.

So...how is the world of the Djinn? Warmer than home, I imagine? I hope they're treating you well?

I was thinking on some of what you said to me as we went looking for Jack. I...think you're wrong about yourself. You said you fought for the fight, while I fought to defend others. But...you were willing to sacrifice yourself and let me escape. You were incredulous when you thought I was going to leave the two who saved us from Jack to fight him alone. Numerous times you offered to heal me...when you were almost as badly injured as I was. If anything, you fought to defend others more than I did, on that journey. I think you view yourself too cruelly. I wouldn't have survived that journey without you, a fact I am all too aware of. I really wish you hadn't made that deal. [This sentence is so scribbled out it is illegible]. You would have been a great asset to the team.

Stay safe. You're coming back safe, sound and whole - that's an order. ;)

Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment